- 1 Cup millet
- 2 cup Hot Water
- 1 big sized onion, Sliced
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup Mixed seasonal veggies
- Salt to taste
- 1 no Bay leaf / tej patta
- 1-2 small piece Cinnamon stick
- 1-2 nos Cardamom small
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds/ saunf
-2 tbsp ghee.
- Rinse millet and soak in water for 30-45 mins. Drain water and keep aside.
- In a pot, Heat ghee. Add tsp of Jeera, bay leaf, all whole spices. Later add onion slices, ginger - garlic paste. saute till onion is translucent.
- Later add all the seasonal vegetables. -Add turmeric and saute 1-2 mins.
- Add soaked, drained millets. Add salt to taste and saute 1-2 mins.
- Add hot water. 1: 2 proportion. Add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves. Mix and close the lid. Serve