- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, finely chopped (carrots, cabbage, peas, beans)
- 4 tbsp barley dalia/ Amaranth dalia/ Jowar dalia
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves or parsley, finely chopped
- Heat ghee in a saucepan. Roast cumin seeds for a few seconds and add onion. -Cook till translucent.
- Add chopped vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Add barley/amaranth/jowar dalia, salt, pepper and water as required.
- Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.