SUPERFOOD FOR HORMONESAyurvedic Soul Diet
Shatavari is the elixir our nature has created for women. If you get bad premenstrual syndrome (PMS), suffer from PCOD/ PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids in uterus or breast, going through menopause or trying to conceive, Shatavari is your go to superfood. It also helps mothers post delivery to improve lactation and regulates hormones. Recent studies have shown that Shatavari contains phyto-estrogens, the precursors of estrogen.
Benefits of Shatavari:
1. Anti oxidant: Shatavari root contains anti oxidant that reduces cell damage by free radicals. It is beneficial as anti aging food product.
2. Acne treatment: Because of its coolant and bitter quality, it cleanses blood and cools our internal system that helps in recovering from acne.
3. Regulates hormones: Shatavari contains phyto-estrogen which helps in regulating hormones and reduces side effects of PCOD like hair fall, irregular menstruation cycle, weight gain and menopause symptoms.
4. Lactation Enhancement: It improves breast milk production and normal involution of uterus after delivery. Also its anti bacterial benefits helps mother and newborn
5. Immunity booster: Shatavari has phytochemicals called Saponins, which has anti bacterial and anti viral properties
6. Adaptogen: It has qualities that reduce stress toxic from the body.
Ayurvedic Properties of Shatavari:
Rasha (Taste)- Sweet, Bitter
Effect on Dosha: Tridosaha samak, Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha
Veerya (Potency)- Cold
Vipaka (Post digestion juice)- Sweet
Dosage of powder- 3 to 6 gm in a day